Thursday, April 30, 2009

At Work and Play


At Work
The CyFair campus nature trail was still under water yesterday but I managed to squelch along its first section. My reward was a Northern Waterthrush. I couldn't get close to it because of all the water but I snapped a couple of photos anyway.


The Waterthrush was #194 on my year list.

At Play
This morning I got to spend a little time at Russ Pitman Park in Houston. It was my first visit there and I thought the park was very attractive. Unfortunately, it no longer had the numbers of birds that had been there earlier in the week. Apart from common yardbirds, all I saw were Magnolia Warblers, an American Redstart, a Black-and-white Warbler, a female Indigo Bunting and a Bay-breasted Warbler. Still the Magnolia and Bay-breasted were new birds for 2009.

No comments: