Friday, September 18, 2009

A Quick Visit to Paul Rushing Park

.
On my way to work yesterday morning, I dropped in for a few minutes at Paul Rushing Park, once more in the hope of seeing migrating shorebirds.

As was the case last weekend, there were no shore
birds. However, as usual when I go birding in Texas, there was something worth seeing.

The handrail of one of the board
walks was covered with Egrets. I counted 21 of them.


As I got closer, I saw that they were all Cattle Egrets.




These particular birds may have been migrating from more northerly states or they may have been some of the Cattle Egrets that live in Texas year-round.

1 comment:

Dorothy Borders said...

We are indeed fortunate here that no matter where we go or what time we go there is almost always something of interest to see. And sometimes we just need to appreciate the commonplace.