Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bear Creek Park

.
I took a very quick trip over to Bear Creek Park on Tuesday. After all the recent rain, I expected most of the park to be under water and so I was hoping for some photos of wading birds.

There was plenty of water all right but I was surpri
sed to find that waders were absent, except for a couple of young Little Blue Herons that kept well away from me.

As I got ready to leave, a smaller bird flew onto a nearby branch and stayed just long enough for a snatched photo. A young Red-headed Woodpecker, not looking anything like as elegant as its elders.



I think I have seen more baby and juvenile birds this year than in all my previous years of birdwatching. Not sure whether this means that birds have been breeding more successfully or that my birdwatching skills are improving.
.

No comments: